Anthony Joshua lose to Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk in Heavyweight rematch by Split Points decision

Ukrainian Boxer Oleksandr Usyk has retained his heavyweight titles after a thrilling rematch with Anthony Joshua in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia last night.

Usyk edged it in Split points decision after the pair went the full 12 rounds - 113 to 115, 115 to 113, 116 to 112.

Until around March, Usyk was fighting at the frontline in Kyiv, but left the war-torn nation to focus on his rematch with AJ.

After the Judges decision was declared, Joshua threw two of the title belts over the side of the ropes, but returned and said:

" If you knew my story, you would understand the passion."

“I ain’t no amateur boxer, from five years old that was an elite prospect from youth. I was going to jail, I got bail and I started training my a*** off, I wanted to be able to fight.”

This guy beat me tonight, maybe I could have done better, but it shows the level of hard work I put in, so please give him a round of applause as our heavyweight champion of the world."

The pair also briefly posed with the Ukrainian flag in a stand of solidarity in defiance of Russia’s ongoing assault in the country.

Following his win, Usyk paid tribute to the Ukrainian military, and said that he is only interested in fighting WBC champion Tyson Fury next.

Usyk said: “I did this victory for my country, for all people, militaries who are defending the country. Thank you very, very much.”

He added: “I’m sure that Tyson Fury is not retired yet. I’m sure, I’m convinced he wants to fight me. I want to fight him, and if I’m not fighting Tyson Fury, I’m not fighting at all.”

Tyson Fury on his own part after the bout posted a video saying he would annihilate both of them(Usyk & Joshua) on the same night and if a cheque is brought out, he would fight.

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/1561138327964860420?t=bKAAIt97gMLL-soWbYAdJQ&s=19