Artist Adekunle Gold signed by Def Jam Recordings and set to release an album June

Adekunle Kosoko, better known as Adekunle Gold, is set to join Nigerian artists breaking worldwide ground.
Billboard reported Tuesday that the “High” singer signed with Def Jam Recordings.
CEO/Chairman Tunji Balogun stated this. Balogun praised Kosoko’s composition, artistry, vocals, and showmanship in the release.

“Since 2016, I’ve followed Adekunle Gold,” he said. “Over the years, everything in AG’s world has elevated—his songwriting has refined, the scope of his artistry has widened, his vocals have strengthened, his approach to fashion is more distinct, and his showmanship and performance ability have grown exponentially,”
He became famous on his own terms and is happy being himself. As soon as he joined Def Jam in 2022, Balogun wanted to introduce the label to Afrobeats.
“Adekunle felt like the perfect fit – he’d already done so much work on his own to build a base, but I knew that we could scale his audience to an even bigger level if we combined our energies and worked together,” he continued.
Gold was excited to join with the label and work with Balogun, especially given their Nigerian roots.

“He understands,” Gold said. Signing Tunji makes logic. My studio pal follows me everywhere. When he doesn’t show up, I know he’s crazy busy. Great.
The race record exists. History exists. They break artists and have niche, unique artists like me, so I think it’s ideal for me. They know everything I’ve done for myself, so they’re on board.”
Def Jam Recordings, owned by Universal Music Group, produced Jay Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West.
Def Jam will debut his new album in June 2023.