President Muhammadu Buhari has constituted an Economic Advisory Council (EAC). The spokesman to the president and Senior Special Asistant on Media and Publicity made the announcement this evening.
The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the President on economic policy issues, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a variety of domestic and international financial issues, working with appropriate cabinet representatives and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.
The EAC will be holding monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President. However, the Chairman may, if necessary, request unscheduled appointments.
The Advisory Council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and report directly to the President.
The members of the Council are
- Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman
- Dr. Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman
- Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member
- Dr. Shehu Yahaya – Member
- Dr. Iyabo Masha – Member
- Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member
- Mr. Bismark Rewane – Member
- Dr. Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)