Davido breaks social media silence , announces release date for new abulm

David Adeleke, better known by his stage name, Davido, is a global icon of the Afrobeat genre. On Tuesday, he revealed the album’s long-awaited release date.

The singer returned with a video announcing a new endeavor a few days after he deleted a number of photos and videos from his Instagram page.

Release date for his fourth studio record, titled “Timeless,” is March 31.

Everything has its moment. Time for mourning and time for mending. There is a moment for humor and a time for jiving. There’s a time to talk, and there’s a time to be quiet, he captioned the image.
"I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has helped keep me grounded with their care and encouragement. Everything you did for me while I was away—from the gifts to the performances to the messages of love—are truly appreciated. Thanks a lot, everybody. I bring this up today to serve as a gentle reminder that the now-classic was once revolutionary. Something fresh is needed. Release date for my new record, TIMELESS, is March 31.

Since the death of his son Ifeanyi, Davido has been absent from the music industry for a while.