Joe Aribo officially joins Southampton from Rangers

Super Eagles of Nigeria Midfielder, Joe Aribo has officially signed for Southampton Fc on a 4-year deal.

The Nigerian star joins from Glasgow Rangers of Scotland, and becomes Ralph Hassenhutti’s fifth signing of the summer.

The 25-year old midfielder has spent the last 3 seasons with Rangers, scoring 26 goals in 149 appearances for the Scottish side.

Aribo was helpful to Glasgow giants winning their first Scottish Premiership title in 10 years, also lifting the Scottish Cup.

He was also a runner-up in last season’s UEFA Europa League in which he scored in the final, but lost on penalties to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Speaking to the Club’s Official website , Aribo said:

It’s an amazing club with a lot of history here, and it’s a good plan with what’s to come next. I’m really excited for the journey.

The Premier League is the best league in the world. I’ve been watching it since I was a young boy, it’s always been a goal for me to play here and show what I can do on this stage.

It’s an amazing feeling, a dream come true. This is where I’ve wanted to be since I was a child growing up playing, so to say that I’m here now is really exciting.”