What Is Allergic Asthma?

A few days ago, I was sick and had to go to the hospital, after asking about my symptoms and explaining how I was feeling, the doctor inquired, “Are you asthmatic?”. He chuckled when I answered, “No, but I have allergies.”

I always say no, I just have allergies, even though it wasn’t the first time I’ve been asked that question. So I thought I would do some research: Are allergies and asthma the same thing? And I discovered something intriguing: Allergic Asthma.

What Is Allergic Asthma?

Inhaling allergens causes the airways that you breathe through to constrict, causing Allergic Asthma. This could be an airborne substance, frequently mold spores, dander, or pollen. Because allergens provoke asthma attacks, they are also known as triggers. Things that might set you off may not have an impact on others. Dust bothers me so much that I can’t bear it; it’s an instant reaction that makes it hard for me to breathe, makes my eyes watery, red, and itching, and makes me feel ill.

When you have allergies, your body reacts to the allergen, which it perceives as a threat. In an attempt to fend off danger, it activates every defense mechanism. Your immune system is responsible for this. Normally, the purpose of your immune system is to keep you safe from illness. Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is a molecule released by your immune system when it senses danger. It is this substance’s purpose to defend and fight back against your body. On the other hand, elevated IgE levels might narrow your airways, making breathing challenging.

Is Allergic Asthma Common?

Allergic asthma affects a large number of asthmatics. This is the most typical kind of asthma.

What symptoms does allergic asthma present?

Many of the symptoms associated with other forms of asthma may also be present in an allergic asthmatic. These signs may consist of:

1. Having trouble breathing.
  2. Frequently getting sick, especially at night.
  3. Whistling while inhaling, or wheezing.
  4. Feeling constricted in the chest, as if something were pressing or squeezing it.

Also possible are symptoms that are more directly associated with allergies. These can occur after being exposed to an allergen and are typically milder than asthma symptoms. These signs may consist of:

1. A congested nose.
  2. Eyes that burn or itchy.
  3. A wheeze.
  4. Hives and a rash

How to Take Care of Allergic Asthma

Determine your triggers first. Knowing what causes it makes managing stress a lot easier, and it also helps you take charge of your surroundings.

Secondly, identifying the most effective drugs. Consulting with a medical professional is crucial. Never self-diagnose or self-treat. Take your time and work with your physician to determine what is most effective for you.

Not to mention, create an action plan. A plan that tells you when to take specific prescriptions, what to do if they don’t work, and who to call in those cases should be put in place.

As was already indicated, to avoid the attacks, it’s critical to understand what sets you off. Also, see a doctor if you think your allergies are more than just allergic reactions; don’t assume you have allergic asthma; instead, have a thorough evaluation with your physician.